The Banner, 2008 - 2009

The Banner, on-line (July 2008 till June 2009)

The Banner was a 2010 on-line project. I invited one person each month to create a banner for the website. Łukasz Matulewski, Bydgoszcz based ace photographer is the last featured banner-maker.









Mrowki /Ants
, June 2009 by Łukasz Matulewski











Another world is possible, May 2009 by twoaddthree
The Institute for the Art and Practice of Dissent at Home is an artist activist initiative run from the spare room of twoaddthree’s council house in Everton, Liverpool. We, Gary, Lena, Neal, Gabriel and Sid, thought it would be nice to celebrate MAYDAY with a banner. We thought it might be best to make our own. This is from the G20 protests, in London, 2009. We believe that another world is possible and can hear the rising cry of our own capitalistic subjectivities screaming “MAYDAY!MAYDAY!MAYDAY!” - twoaddthree










Merry-go-round, April 2009 by Tomas Pabedinskas

This winter I had a kind of obsession for photographing an old pleasure-ground in my native town Kaunas. I never felt a need to take photos here during other seasons. So I wondered what made me come back to this place time and again.
Perhaps the quiet pleasure-ground covered in snow matched my nostalgia for the past days of childhood spent here. Maybe it was a soft longing for the past time, which was never consciously noticed before, but exposed itself in a concrete vision now.
It could also be the plans to remove the pleasure-ground from its long-time location and to build houses here. It could be a mere wish to preserve the feature of my town that is meaningful for me, although not so important for society in general.
Finally, the carousels looked unusual and attractive in winter time. Framed in a picture, they reminded me of an old French photography. Like some classical photo from the middle of the past century rendered in colors. A piece of romance known from famous photos found in my own town. I wonder if this photograph could mean something similar to so many people looking at it on-line, so many persons with their own stories, not connected to original contexts of the picture. - Tomas












Decay. In bright colors (part 4/4), March 2009 by Ivan 'Dervish' Dervisevic









Decay. In bright colors (part 3/4), March 2009 by Ivan 'Dervish' Dervisevic










Decay. In bright colors (part 2/4), March 2009 by Ivan 'Dervish' Dervisevic









Decay. In bright colors (part 1/4), March 2009 by Ivan 'Dervish' Dervisevic









Heavy plant crossing, February 2009 by Mullins of Europe









Please do not park here, February 2009 by Mullins of Europe








Fire Exit
, February 2009 by Mullins of Europe










Temporary Road Surface , February 2009 by Mullins of Europe









The black cow/ Czarna krowa , January 2009 by Marta Balejko









Uwaga/Attention, January 2009 by Marta Balejko









TV Istanbul - (series 3, 1/1), December 2008 by Marcin Bas








Above the bridge in Sarajevo - colour (series 2, 4/4), December 2008 by Marcin Bas









The bridge in Sarajevo - colour (series 2, 2/4), December 2008 by Marcin Bas







Above the bridge in Sarajevo
(series 2, 3/4), December 2008 by Marcin Bas










The bridge in Sarajevo (series 2, 1/4), December 2008 by Marcin Bas

Location: Assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand, 28th June 1914, 1:15 pm







The sky above the hill (series 1, 3/3), December 2008 by Marcin Bas






The hill above the camel (series 1, 2/3), December 2008 by Marcin Bas








The camel in Crimea (series 1, 1/3), December 2008 by Marcin Bas







look, look!
(1/3), November 2008, by Karol Rogacki
It did make you look, didn't it?






locking
(2/3), November 2008, by Karol Rogacki

Eternal Love in the Bay of Naples. Locals seem to secure their feelings in quite a peculiar way.







eyes (3/3), November 2008, by Karol Rogacki

Eyes wide open. In London some buildings have eyes.

The genesis of November banners: Karol (me) had taken some totally awesome photos and when Ania saw them she said 'I want you to work for me'. Karol (me) said 'It's gonna cost you!'. Ania replied 'No worries, I've got heaps of money'. Hopefully that was the beginning of a long-lasting artistique co-operation.










jeden za razem obok drugim , October 2008 by Michał Kaczorowski
Michał said (in Polish): Niespodzianka czyha za każdym rogiem, trza ją tylko umić upolować.








route 98/a lorry/a camera, September 2008 by Michał Ślązak

Materials used: the road, a lorry, camera
Clockwise rotation approach to route 98










sun/sand/michal/camera, September 2008 by Michał Ślązak:
Materiały: słońce, piasek, Michał, aparat
Dlaczego: chciałem pojawić się na blogu Ani w pewnej formie ;)

Materials: the sun, sand, Michal, camera
Why: I wanted to appear on Ania's web in a certain form ;)










The field of artichokes, August 2008 by Ola Faf:

It seemed at first to be only a jungle, now it is a paradise. This is how much your perspective can change after eating a jar of homemade pickled artichokes while sitting on the roof on a warm evening. This is the way I like Venice now.









Where am I,
July 2008 by Helen Heath:

My only son is one – and during the past twelve months I have lost myself. Not really sure how, when or even how serious it is, but I am not the same person anymore. Sometimes I miss being able to set up an easel and paint for days, weeks… Occasionally I yearn for days when I got carried away collecting bits for a project – spread them across a table to study them.
These days I’m lucky if I get to go to the toilet alone. I now have a very time and energy consuming project – which is on going. I have learnt that it is more fun to play along. So I am trying to get inspired (I just wish I could remember if I do!) In the meantime, Bertram and Rupert are the astronauts who live in my son’s pile of Mega Blocks – with mummy’s help they kindly build things for him to bash down… sometimes I wish he were less destructive.

No comments: